The effects of such poverty are devastating to families like Marie's, a single mother of four, who could barely eke out a living for her family.
Marie's fortunes changed, however, when her community organization launched a goat breeding program with the Lambi Fund's support.
The Lambi Fund provided funds for Marie's community group to purchase 132 goats, materials for the goat enclosures, and veterinary medicine for treating the goats. Organization members built the pens, and now are managing the project of raising and selling the goats.
With goats to raise for sale, Marie is now able to make a living and provide food, health care, and education for her family.
At Lambi Fund, we don't give food aid, we partner with community organizations like Marie's to build their capacity with tools, seeds, livestock and knowhow. We work together to build lasting solutions to poverty and hunger, with dignity and respect. Click here to donate now.
People like you make all this possible, giving the funds necessary to provide Haitian organizations with the resources they need to build sustainable community enterprises. As a result:
- More communities are able to feed their families and send their children to school.
- New rainwater cisterns are improving the health of entire communities with access to safe drinking water.
- Organic planting methods are improving the nutrient content of food while stabilizing the soil and minimizing erosion.
- Reforestation projects are reversing an alarming trend of forest destruction that threatens further damage to the earth.
- Thousands of people are learning the skills they need to for self-sufficient communities.
- Micro-credit funds are financing successful community-run micro-enterprises.
With your past support, Lambi Fund has partnered with community groups on more than 175 projects and touched more than a million lives in Haiti in the past 15 years.
That's why I'm asking you to please make a donation to the Lambi Fund today, so that we can continue to bring hope and opportunity to families in Haiti.
On behalf of families like Marie's, and all those seeking hope in Haiti, please accept our heartfelt thanks for your support.
Five Ways Your Gift to Lambi Fund Makes a Difference
1. Promote self-sufficiency and economic strength among Haiti's poor.
2. Help create a fertile ground for democracy.
3. Help stamp out malnutrition by sustaining rural communities
4. End deforestation and promote care of the earth.
5. Teach proper farming methods that diminish erosion
Thank you for helping make a difference in Haiti!